17/11/2013

Full Coverage, Luminous Foundation Routine


In foundations I tend to look for ones with medium to full coverage. But the problem I find is that I normally hate the finish of majority of them; way too matte, normally cling to dry areas and just don't look as nice as a lighter coverage, dewy finish foundation. And that's where specially formulated primers come into action.

Pairing a matte foundation with a dewy skin primer will give you the coverage of the foundation yet the appearance of luminous and fresh skin. My favourite for this is the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light primer. It's a white lotion with small light reflecting particles that instantly make the skin appear more awake. It absorbs really quickly and feels so lightweight and cooling on the skin, I love it. I do prefer it to the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer - this L'Oreal dupe is cheaper and just as effective.

The foundation that I love to pair the primer with is Esteé Lauder Double Wear. It is medium coverage that can be built up to a full coverage. The reason why I particularly love this pairing is because the Esteé Lauder foundation can be a little drying and, especially if you have dry skin, a radiant primer will help make any foundation in fact more comfortable to wear.

I suggest you give this primer a go, in particular if you love the Laura Mercier one and may want a cheaper alternative that's equally as good. You can pick it up for £9.99 at most stores x x x